If you want to follow the saga, here are the links.
- We talked about 5 tips for designing a new logo
- Announced the contest and gave the rules
- Shared a creative brief, with questions you should ask yourself before you start a new logo process
- Colfax Main Street responded to the creative brief…and we shared their answers
- First round of logos presented
- None of the logos cut it so we called for art directors to submit designs
- We presented 23 new designs from 6 designers
We now have a winner!! (check out all 23 logos here) The Colfax Mainstreet team selected #13 (see above) designed by Heather Haaland. #11 was their close 2nd choice.
Many, many thanks to all 6 designers:
- Heather Haaland (design 13)
- Jim Hill (designs 1,3,5 and 6)
- Alvin McCoy (18-23)
- Cyndi Wiley ( designs 7-9)
- Dan Lester (designs 2 and 4)
- Robin Blake (designs 10-12)
But the work is not done. Now Heather and the Colfax Mainstreet team need to work through decisions like color and usage in things like letterhead, business cards etc. So stay tuned. We'll share their results in the near future!