Image via Wikipedia
The right logo is a critical element of a business' ability to communicate who they are and what they do. Designing one of a kind logos is a big part of the branding work we do at MMG.
I also know that not every business can afford us. Many start ups or small businesses aren't ready to engage an agency. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't have a good logo that gets them noticed.
In today's world, there are alternatives for those who aren't ready to get an agency's help.
A while ago, I introduced you to HP's MarketSplash — a web-based shop that will allow you to design your own logo from some templated objects or engage one of their designers to design a custom logo for you.
Another site is Logo Inn, out of the UK. They've agreed, as sort of a "blog lab experiment," to donate one of their bronze packages (6 logo concepts designed by two designers and once the logo is selected, a stationery package design) to a Marketing Minute reader.
So how will we choose the lucky business? Here are the rules:
- If you'd like to be considered, send me an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) telling me about your organization and show me what you're using now for your logo
- Please put "logo design" in your subject line
- All entries must be received by next Friday, March 20th
- The winner has to be willing to have the entire process documented on the blog
- The winner will complete an elaborate creative brief about their business, customers etc. that I will publish on the blog
- All the design options will be revealed here on the blog
- The winner has to be willing to let me make some suggestions in terms of revisions etc. of the logo
- The winner has to be willing to actually use this new logo/look (it's not fair to do it just for the fun of it and rob someone else of the chance to win)
Whether you win or not — this will be a learning lab that you can use to create the right logo for your organization! We'll walk through the process together, step by step. By the time we're done — you'll be ready to oversee your own logo creation.
If you've already got a logo you love — be sure to tell your peers who might benefit from this about the contest. Let's give someone a makeover that will take their business to the next level.