Rosica did some in-depth interviews with the business leaders listed below. He mixes their comments with his own take on how these entrepreneurs developed authentic brands.
- Wally Amos of Famous Amos Cookies
- Jerry Baldwin of Starbucks
- Bobbi Brown of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
- Ben Cohen & Jerry Greenfield of Ben and Jerry’s
- Gary Hirshberg of Stonyfield Farm
- Jim Kock of Samuel Adams Beer
- David Neeleman of JetBlue Airways
- David Oreck of Oreck Corporation
- Roxanne Quimby of Burt’s Bees
- Andy and Kate Spade of Kate Spade
- Jeff Taylor of Monster.com
The book tackles topics like marketing strategies, leadership traits, and customer service practices from each of the entrepreneurs’ perspectives.
The aspect of the book that I appreciated the most, as a business owner, is that in many of the interviews, the big name entrepreneurs talk as much about their failings as they do their successes. I’ve always thought there was more to be learned from the mistakes than the triumphs.
I think you’ll find yourself quoting some of the stories and hopefully apply some of the lessons learned.