As fresh faces leap into the blogging waters faster than we can count them, it occurred to me that it’s in everyone’s best interest (and just good manners) to offer a helping hand to the neophytes. We’re helping clients launch blogs on a regular basis and for many of them, these is new territory.
But I need your help. Someone helped you…now it’s our turn!
I’m going to compile a master list/separate blogroll of blog sites that a new blogger should visit, explore and study. Here are my thoughts on how this might work. (Think of this as an evolution of the z-list)
1) Anyone who is interested, create a post listing a few blog sites (and maybe give a word or two as to how you’d categorize them) that:
- Are chock full of practical tips
- Act as a living lab on how to write compelling blog posts
- Demonstrate how to build a community
- Teach marketing tools
- Are welcome wagons – bloggers who spotlight newbies
2) If you want, use the photo above as the graphic – great, gotta love consistency
3) Link back to this post, so I can find yours and add it to the master list
4) If you think its of value to your readers — why not grab the list before yours and just top it off with your new additions
5) Encourage your readers to do #1-4
Okay, I’ll kick off the list with these…
New Bloggers Toolbox
Converstations (chock full of practical tips)
CK’s blog (compelling blog post examples)
Viral Garden (demonstrate how to build a community)
Lonely Marketer (teach marketing tools)
Successful & Outstanding Blogs (bloggers who spotlight newbies)
This is not a "if you’re tagged, jump in" sort of thing. If you know of some great resources…jump in. If you got named — please, by all means jump in too!