I am joining with my fellow bloggers in celebrating some new blogs that I discovered this past month. As is the blogtipping tradition, (created by Easton Ellsworth) I’ll offer a few reasons why I like the blog and one suggestion for improvement.
Flooring the Consumer by C.B. Whittemore. This is a very insightful blog that focuses on how to relate to your customers.
- The stories are real, relevant and entertaining.
- Although C.B. works in the carpet industry, her examples span the world of retail.
- C.B. is very generous with reference links — books, articles, web sites, etc.
Suggestion: My one suggestion for improvement is that C.B. does not allow trackbacks. I think her stuff is too good and everyone should be able to find her thoughts.
The Blogfathers by a core group of dad/authors. As a man who is passionate about being a dad, I love this blog.
- It is authentic, funny, touching and well-written.
- The blending of multiple dads gives the blog texture and variety.
- The topics are an excellent and real life blend of serious and not so serious.
Suggestion: My one suggestion for improvement would be to break up some of the longer posts with subheads or something to give our eyes a break.
OkDork.com is Noah Kagan’s random ponderings as he meanders through life. He puts the spotlight on everything from business to life’s purpose and just about everything in between.
- Noah’s writing style is conversational but well written.
- He has gathered a group of regulars who make it feel like a community.
- The authenticity of his musings bubbles up from every post.
Suggestion: Don’t let the community feel get so "insider jokish" that it becomes a barrier, rather than feeling invited to join a group of friends.
I’m off to find some more great blogs…after all, I only have 30 days until blogtipping — December ’06!